Blog Post taxonomy Fields

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Hi all,

I have manually installed the latest version of orchard from the code (released on 24/10/2012), as well as the taxonomies module found in the orchard gallery.

According to the video found on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3jhgTeiEtw I have created a taxonomy hierarchy in order to categorize my blog posts relative to the taxonomies.

I have noticed that when I attempted to create fields in the Blog Post content type it doesn't seem to return anything (whatever the kind of field). When I try again to create a field with the same name it throws an error saying that the field already exists, but again i do not see anything under the fields section in the Blog Post content type.
On the other hand, the Fields section works well in other content types (like Recent Blog Posts for example) and I am wandering if this is a bug on Blog Posts or if I am doing something wrong.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I found a work around and it works pretty well.

Instead of adding a taxonomy field to the Blog Post Content Type, I added it to the Blog Post Content Part and as it is always a part of blog posts my taxonomies work as they should. :)

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Could you file a bug for that ? It should not fail like that.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I don't know how to do this...