Field names

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Hi!

Is there any possibility to display field labels (in edit form) in some pretty way? As for now they display as raw field name:/

Cheers, Piotr

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I'm wondering the same thing...this is a really great and simple Module to display and edit Profile information. It would definitely be nice to be able to format the label somehow so that "FirstName" displays as "First Name" to the user.

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Did you try overriding the Editor template in your own theme ?

Apr 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Can you explain briefly how to do that? What would the file be named, location in my theme, any specific line of code that tells it to override the default?

Thanks for the assistance...very much appreciated!

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Not sure it's doable actually when I look at the code ... it might override them for all TextField which is not what you want. Let me create a bug on the issue tracker for that.

May 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I'm looking into Orchard Profile Module as I also need the extra user information. But I came to the same limitation as pszmyd, I can't seem to find a way to create my own EditorTemplate for the profile part. Any news on this subject?

May 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I created a View in my Theme's View folder named ProfileEdit.cshtml which let me override the default template...of course I had to code the entire thing though instead of just creating a simple editor template. It worked in my case since I've actually hacked that module up a bit to create an impersonation feature on our internal self-serve reporting website so that users in a certain role can login to the website as other people for troubleshooting purposes.